We are officially open!
(and ready to safely get you back in the water)
The following policies were developed put in place to guarantee the safety of our customers and crew members:
HAND SANITIZING ETIQUETTE
Crew and customers pledge to disinfect their hands often and thoroughly with soap and water (or alcohol-based hand sanitizer as an alternative).
EMERGENCY-ONLY PHYSICAL CONTACT
Crew and customers pledge to only approach others closer than 6 feet when absolutely necessary for the activity at hand or if it’s an emergency.
ADAPTED BOAT & SHOP PRACTICES
Crew and customers pledge to respect the new shop and boat practices, always keeping their distance from other households and avoiding touching anything that’s not essential.
LIFE-SAVING PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Crew and customers pledge to wear face coverings at all times when not in their scuba gear both at the shop and aboard the boats.
TRANSPARENT SYMPTOM REPORTING
Crew and customers pledge to communicate with the management if they, their household members, or people
around them appear to be having any COVID-19 symptoms.
HABITUAL CLEANING & SANITATION
Crew and customers pledge responsibility for their personal and scuba gear cleanliness. Crew pledges to follow sanitation procedures and schedule precisely.
- Stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water (or use 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer)
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet and avoid direct contact with other people
- Wear a cloth face-covering AT ALL TIMES (take it off only before getting in the water)
- Leave all non-essential gear and personal items on the dock
- Pay using a credit card and tip through Venmo instead of using cash
- Stay away from alcohol-based sanitizer if renting Nitrox
- Refrain from touching tank valves and regulator inlets (the crew will do that for you)
- Avoid orally inflating rental BCDs unless it’s an emergency
- Don’t spit on your mask until you’re in the water
- Resist touching anyone else’s gear unless it’s an emergency
SCUBA GEAR SANITATION
- Check manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations first
- Soak gear for 15 minutes on a solution of ⅓ cup of 1% bleach to 1 gal of water
- Rinse completely with fresh water
⚠️ Refrain from using soapy water to wash your gear as this must be combined with mechanical action to be effective against coronavirus ⚠️
- Crew won’t come to work if they or someone in their household has COVID-19 symptoms
- Crew will measure their temperature upon arrival and register it on our company app
- Crew will let the management know about customers or crewmembers experiencing symptoms
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Crew will wear a protective face covering AT ALL TIMES
- Crew will wash or sanitize their hands after customer interactions (gear, tanks, etc.)
- Crew will wear gloves when cleaning surfaces and gear
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Crew won’t engage in physical contact with customers unless requested or an emergency
- Crew will ask politely before touching anything that belongs to a customer
- Crew will explain new COVID-19 Protocol to customers in a clear and effective manner
⚠️ Never use alcohol-based hand sanitizer near enriched air (fill stations Nitrox tanks, or O2 bottles) ⚠️
- Only one household is allowed inside for check-in, logbook stamps, questions, etc.
- Air & Nitrox fills can be made by appointment or one household at a time (walk-ins)
- Merchandise must be purchased with a credit card (no cash transactions)
- One household at a time to board the boat, grab weights, and step on the swim platform
- Boat charters will not include food or beverages
- Mask rinse buckets will not be provided
- Customers should care for their personal gear at home before and after trips
- Regulators must be rented with a purchase of a personal mouthpiece
- Rented gear shouldn’t be tried on unless strictly needed (if tried on, it’ll be washed)
⚠️ Be considerate of others around you, even if you disagree with social distancing protocols ⚠️
PROPER DISINFECTION - SURFACES
- Make sure soap spray, 1% bleach spray, disposable gloves, and wipes are in stock
- Clean frequently touched surfaces with soap as per schedule
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces as per schedule
PROPER DISINFECTION - RENTAL GEAR
- Refill rinse buckets with soap and 1% bleach (⅓ cup for 1 gal of water) before rinsing
- Let gear sit for 15 minutes on the mixture
- Rinse gear with freshwater completely and hang to dry
- Boats: 4x per trip (once before, twice during, once after)
- Shop: 3x per day (opening, trip changeover, closing)
- Rental Gear: 1x per day (end of the day)
⚠️Give masks, snorkels, regulators, and BCD oral inflators a special disinfection attention ⚠️
JUNE - AUGUST SCHEDULE
While we're still waiting on San Diego county to give us a green light, our summer schedule is ready to be booked.
Thank you for any type of support you have shown ours and other small businesses through these difficult times. You rock!
Snapshot of our COVID-19 Protocol crew web conference in May 20th, 2020.
While we wish none of this was necessary, the health of our customers and crew is our utmost priority.